No business regardless of size or scale can possibly do without digital marketing. This is because of the prevailing digital business environment where strategies and marketing plans have to be focussed more on the online segment than anything else. With the exponential usage in smart phones and other Internet enabled devices, more and more existing and potential customers are searching online for products and services before arriving at a purchase decision. If you as a small business owner do not have a strong and visible online presence, you will be missing out heavily on business opportunities.
The first step if you want to increase your online presence is to have a well designed and developed website that is attractive, user-friendly and easily navigable. The site should have lots of information, graphics and videos to draw in traffic and increase conversion rates. For more information on graphics, the work of Jarrod Carland can be perused. He is one of the leading designers in Australia and the owner of a leading graphics agency Studio Jack.
Some of the primary advantages of digital marketing for small business are –
- Wide reach – With digital marketing you will be able to reach out to a global audience quickly and effectively. The same effect in traditional methods through print and other digital media will not only be a long and tedious process, it will also be a costly proposition and not at affordable rates that can suit your budget as a small enterprise.
- Affordable – One of the main benefits of digital marketing is its affordability when compared to conventional methods. If compared in terms of unit price, digital marketing gives higher returns on marketing spends. A post in Facebook has a wider reach and can enhance brand awareness faster than the print media.
- Measurable results – With digital marketing, you can track results of your campaign almost on a real time basis and the extent of results that is coming in. This is crucial for small businesses on a limited budget as detailed information can be had of marketing campaigns. Digital marketing agencies use sophisticated tools and data analytics technologies to track and measure results. It is possible to monitor details of the impact of every single marketing tactic employed by you. You can then make course corrections to get the best results in terms of increased traffic volumes and conversion rates.
- Personalisation – Digital marketing helps you to establish a personal rapport with the customers and track their every movement on the site, provided of course your client database is linked to it. Once a purchase is made, you get to know individual client profiles and preferences. You can then browse through profiles on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and modify your products and services as per their preferences.
- Spreading brand awareness through social media – You can take to social media to spread brand awareness. This is an integral part of digital marketing. Platforms such as Twitter are very effective to convey messages of your products and services.
Take to digital marketing to optimise operational efficiencies of your small business.